Catalan and Slovak as Minority Language
In Catalan and Slovak speaking countries you will get the countries which have Catalan and Slovak as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
- Slovak as minority language: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine.
If you want to compare Catalan and Slovak dialects, then you can go to Catalan vs Slovak Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Catalan and Slovak Regulators
Catalan and Slovak speaking countries provide you Catalan and Slovak regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee regulates Catalan language.Slovak is regulated by Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic. Also get to learn, Catalan and Slovak Language History.
Catalan and Slovak Continents
Thinking about Catalan and Slovak continents in which Catalan and Slovak speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Catalan and Slovak. Most of the Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. While Slovak speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Catalan and Slovak languages:
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
Slovak Interesting Facts:
- Slovak language was written using Glagolitic Alphabets,in 1843.
- Until the end of 18th century, Slovak did not exist as written language.
The Catalan language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language whereas Catalan language is similar to Czech Language and derived from Czech-Slovak Language.