Bhojpuri national language and Bhojpuri as a Second Language
Bhojpuri speaking countries include both countries with Bhojpuri national language and Bhojpuri as a second language. Check if Bhojpuri language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Bhojpuri is national language of India.
Compare Bhojpuri speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Bhojpuri vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Bhojpuri is not spoken as second language.
The Bhojpuri countries mentioned under Bhojpuri Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Bhojpuri language.
Bhojpuri as minority language
Countries with Bhojpuri as minority language are also included in Bhojpuri speaking countries.
- Bhojpuri is spoken as minority language in Fiji, Guyana, Jamaica, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
Along with Bhojpuri speaking countries check out Bhojpuri speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Bhojpuri speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Bhojpuri Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Bhojpuri language are Bhojpuri regulators. Bhojpuri is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Bhojpuri lie in Bhojpuri speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Bhojpuri:
- Bhojpuri was anciently written in Kaithi scripts.
- In Mughal Era, Kaithi script was used in administrative purposes for writing in Bhojpuri language.
The Bhojpuri language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Maithili and Magahi.