Korean national language and Korean as a Second Language
Korean speaking countries include both countries with Korean national language and Korean as a second language. Check if Korean language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Korean is national language of North Korea, South Korea.
Compare Korean speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Korean vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Korean is not spoken as second language.
The Korean countries mentioned under Korean Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Korean language.
Korean as minority language
Countries with Korean as minority language are also included in Korean speaking countries.
- Korean is spoken as minority language in Japan, People's Republic of China, Russia, United States of America.
Along with Korean speaking countries check out Korean speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Korean speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Korean Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Korean language are Korean regulators. Korean is regulated by The National Institute of the Korean Language. The regulatory bodies of Korean lie in Korean speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Korean:
- Korean has borrowed words from English and Chinese.
- Korean has two counting systems. First, is based on Chinese characters and numbers are similar to Chinese numbers, and second counting system is from words unique to Korea.
The Korean language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Chinese and Japanese languages.