Slovak and Galician as Minority Language
In Slovak and Galician speaking countries you will get the countries which have Slovak and Galician as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Slovak as minority language: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine.
- Galician as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Slovak and Galician dialects, then you can go to Slovak vs Galician Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Slovak and Galician Regulators
Slovak and Galician speaking countries provide you Slovak and Galician regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic regulates Slovak language.Galician is regulated by Royal Galician Academy (Real Academia Galega). Also get to learn, Slovak and Galician Language History.
Slovak and Galician Continents
Thinking about Slovak and Galician continents in which Slovak and Galician speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Slovak and Galician. Most of the Slovak speaking countries lie in Europe. While Galician speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Slovak and Galician languages:
Slovak Interesting Facts:
- Slovak language was written using Glagolitic Alphabets,in 1843.
- Until the end of 18th century, Slovak did not exist as written language.
Galician Interesting Facts:
- In Galician language, there are no compound tenses.
- The earliest document in Galician language was written in 1228 which was legal charter for a municipality of Galicia.
The Slovak language was derived from Czech-Slovak Language and is similar to Czech Language whereas Slovak language is similar to Portuguese Language and derived from Latin.