Slovak national language and Slovak as a Second Language
Slovak speaking countries include both countries with Slovak national language and Slovak as a second language. Check if Slovak language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Slovak is national language of Slovakia, Vojvodina, Serbia.
Compare Slovak speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Slovak vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Slovak is not spoken as second language.
The Slovak countries mentioned under Slovak Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Slovak language.
Slovak as minority language
Countries with Slovak as minority language are also included in Slovak speaking countries.
- Slovak is spoken as minority language in Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine.
Along with Slovak speaking countries check out Slovak speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Slovak speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Slovak Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Slovak language are Slovak regulators. Slovak is regulated by Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic. The regulatory bodies of Slovak lie in Slovak speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Slovak:
- Slovak language was written using Glagolitic Alphabets,in 1843.
- Until the end of 18th century, Slovak did not exist as written language.
The Slovak language is derived from Czech-Slovak Language and is closely related to Czech Language.