Slovak and Maltese as Minority Language
In Slovak and Maltese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Slovak and Maltese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Slovak as minority language: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine.
- Maltese as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, United States of America.
If you want to compare Slovak and Maltese dialects, then you can go to Slovak vs Maltese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Slovak and Maltese Regulators
Slovak and Maltese speaking countries provide you Slovak and Maltese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic regulates Slovak language.Maltese is regulated by National Council for the Maltese Language. Also get to learn, Slovak and Maltese Language History.
Slovak and Maltese Continents
Thinking about Slovak and Maltese continents in which Slovak and Maltese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Slovak and Maltese. Most of the Slovak speaking countries lie in Europe. While Maltese speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Slovak and Maltese languages:
Slovak Interesting Facts:
- Slovak language was written using Glagolitic Alphabets,in 1843.
- Until the end of 18th century, Slovak did not exist as written language.
Maltese Interesting Facts:
- Maltese language is the only semitic language written in Latin characters.
- Maltese language has borrowed many loan words from English, Italian and French.
The Slovak language was derived from Czech-Slovak Language and is similar to Czech Language whereas Slovak language is similar to Western Arabic Dialects and derived from Roman Languages.