Sinhalese and Meithei as Minority Language
In Sinhalese and Meithei speaking countries you will get the countries which have Sinhalese and Meithei as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
If you want to compare Sinhalese and Meithei dialects, then you can go to Sinhalese vs Meithei Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Sinhalese and Meithei Regulators
Sinhalese and Meithei speaking countries provide you Sinhalese and Meithei regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල) regulates Sinhalese language.Meithei is not regulated. Also get to learn, Sinhalese and Meithei Language History.
Sinhalese and Meithei Continents
Thinking about Sinhalese and Meithei continents in which Sinhalese and Meithei speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Sinhalese and Meithei. Most of the Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Sinhalese and Meithei languages:
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
The Sinhalese language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Maldivian Language whereas Sinhalese language is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages and derived from Not Available.