Lao national language and Lao as a Second Language
Lao speaking countries include both countries with Lao national language and Lao as a second language. Check if Lao language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Lao is national language of Laos, Northeastern Thailand.
Compare Lao speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Lao vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Lao is not spoken as second language.
The Lao countries mentioned under Lao Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Lao language.
Lao as minority language
Countries with Lao as minority language are also included in Lao speaking countries.
- Lao is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Lao speaking countries check out Lao speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Lao speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Lao Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Lao language are Lao regulators. Lao is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Lao lie in Lao speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Lao:
- There is no space left between words, only between phrases or sentences in Lao language.
- The Lao alphabets has been reformed many times over the past 50 years.
The Lao language is derived from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer Languages and is closely related to Thai Language.