Meithei national language and Meithei as a Second Language
Meithei speaking countries include both countries with Meithei national language and Meithei as a second language. Check if Meithei language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Meithei is national language of Bangladesh, Burma, Northeast India.
Compare Meithei speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Meithei vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Meithei is not spoken as second language.
The Meithei countries mentioned under Meithei Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Meithei language.
Meithei as minority language
Countries with Meithei as minority language are also included in Meithei speaking countries.
- Meithei is spoken as minority language in Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
Along with Meithei speaking countries check out Meithei speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Meithei speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Meithei Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Meithei language are Meithei regulators. Meithei is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Meithei lie in Meithei speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Meithei:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
The Meithei language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages.