Kirundi national language and Kirundi as a Second Language
Kirundi speaking countries include both countries with Kirundi national language and Kirundi as a second language. Check if Kirundi language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Kirundi is national language of Burundi, Gambia.
Compare Kirundi speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Kirundi vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Kirundi is not spoken as second language.
The Kirundi countries mentioned under Kirundi Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Kirundi language.
Kirundi as minority language
Countries with Kirundi as minority language are also included in Kirundi speaking countries.
- Kirundi is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Kirundi speaking countries check out Kirundi speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Kirundi speaking countries mainly lie in Africa, Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Kirundi Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Kirundi language are Kirundi regulators. Kirundi is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Kirundi lie in Kirundi speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Kirundi:
- Kirundi language is tonal, since it has high and low essential tones.
- Kirundi Language is referred as a language where Meeussen's rule is active, this rule describes a certain pattern of tonal change in Bantu languages.
The Kirundi language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Kinyarwanda Language.