Ilocano national language and Ilocano as a Second Language
Ilocano speaking countries include both countries with Ilocano national language and Ilocano as a second language. Check if Ilocano language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Ilocano is national language of Philippines.
Compare Ilocano speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Ilocano vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Ilocano is not spoken as second language.
The Ilocano countries mentioned under Ilocano Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Ilocano language.
Ilocano as minority language
Countries with Ilocano as minority language are also included in Ilocano speaking countries.
- Ilocano is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Ilocano speaking countries check out Ilocano speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Ilocano speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Ilocano Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Ilocano language are Ilocano regulators. Ilocano is regulated by Commission on the Filipino Language. The regulatory bodies of Ilocano lie in Ilocano speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Ilocano:
- Ilocano was originally written with Baybayin syllabary, then gradually it was replaced by Latin alphabet.
- Northwest Luzon is the original Ilocano homeland.
The Ilocano language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Tagalog, Indonesian and Malaysian Languages.