Balochi and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In Balochi and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Balochi and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Balochi as minority language: India, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Balochi and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to Balochi vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Balochi and Sinhalese Regulators
Balochi and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you Balochi and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Balochi Academy, National Languages Committee regulates Balochi language.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, Balochi and Sinhalese Language History.
Balochi and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about Balochi and Sinhalese continents in which Balochi and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Balochi and Sinhalese. Most of the Balochi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Balochi and Sinhalese languages:
Balochi Interesting Facts:
- Balochi language had no written form before the early 19th century. The official language used until that time was Persian.
- Balochi has borrowed words from Persian, Arabic, Sindhi, and other languages.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The Balochi language was derived from Ancient Indo-Iranian Language and is similar to Kurdish and Persian whereas Balochi language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.