Malagasy and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In Malagasy and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Malagasy and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Malagasy as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Malagasy and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to Malagasy vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Malagasy and Sinhalese Regulators
Malagasy and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you Malagasy and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Malagasy is not regulated.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, Malagasy and Sinhalese Language History.
Malagasy and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about Malagasy and Sinhalese continents in which Malagasy and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Malagasy and Sinhalese. Most of the Malagasy speaking countries lie in Africa. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Malagasy and Sinhalese languages:
Malagasy Interesting Facts:
- Malagasy language was originated in southeast Asia, since it shares several common words and meanings with Indonesian Languages.
- About 93% of the basic vocabulary is of Malayo-Polynesian origin in Malagasy language.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The Malagasy language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Malagasy language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.