Malagasy national language and Malagasy as a Second Language
Malagasy speaking countries include both countries with Malagasy national language and Malagasy as a second language. Check if Malagasy language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Malagasy is national language of Comoros, Madagascar, Mayotte.
Compare Malagasy speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Malagasy vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Malagasy is not spoken as second language.
The Malagasy countries mentioned under Malagasy Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Malagasy language.
Malagasy as minority language
Countries with Malagasy as minority language are also included in Malagasy speaking countries.
- Malagasy is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Malagasy speaking countries check out Malagasy speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Malagasy speaking countries mainly lie in Africa.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Malagasy Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Malagasy language are Malagasy regulators. Malagasy is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Malagasy lie in Malagasy speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Malagasy:
- Malagasy language was originated in southeast Asia, since it shares several common words and meanings with Indonesian Languages.
- About 93% of the basic vocabulary is of Malayo-Polynesian origin in Malagasy language.
The Malagasy language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Not Available.