Latvian national language and Latvian as a Second Language
Latvian speaking countries include both countries with Latvian national language and Latvian as a second language. Check if Latvian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Latvian is national language of Latvia.
Compare Latvian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Latvian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Latvian is not spoken as second language.
The Latvian countries mentioned under Latvian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Latvian language.
Latvian as minority language
Countries with Latvian as minority language are also included in Latvian speaking countries.
- Latvian is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Latvian speaking countries check out Latvian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Latvian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Latvian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Latvian language are Latvian regulators. Latvian is regulated by Latvian State Language Center. The regulatory bodies of Latvian lie in Latvian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Latvian:
- The first written form of Latvian dates from 16th century was found in religious texts.
- The old latvian language was based on the a Gothic script.
The Latvian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Lithuanian Language.