Ilocano and Santali as Minority Language
In Ilocano and Santali speaking countries you will get the countries which have Ilocano and Santali as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Ilocano as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Santali as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Ilocano and Santali dialects, then you can go to Ilocano vs Santali Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Ilocano and Santali Regulators
Ilocano and Santali speaking countries provide you Ilocano and Santali regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Commission on the Filipino Language regulates Ilocano language.Santali is not regulated. Also get to learn, Ilocano and Santali Language History.
Ilocano and Santali Continents
Thinking about Ilocano and Santali continents in which Ilocano and Santali speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Ilocano and Santali. Most of the Ilocano speaking countries lie in Asia. While Santali speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Ilocano and Santali languages:
Ilocano Interesting Facts:
- Ilocano was originally written with Baybayin syllabary, then gradually it was replaced by Latin alphabet.
- Northwest Luzon is the original Ilocano homeland.
Santali Interesting Facts:
- Santali language was an oral language till nineteenth century.
- Before the invention of Santali alphabets, Santali was written with the Bengali or Odia alphabets.
The Ilocano language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Tagalog, Indonesian and Malaysian Languages whereas Ilocano language is similar to Munda Language and derived from Not Available.