Santali national language and Santali as a Second Language
Santali speaking countries include both countries with Santali national language and Santali as a second language. Check if Santali language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Santali is national language of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal.
Compare Santali speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Santali vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Santali is not spoken as second language.
The Santali countries mentioned under Santali Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Santali language.
Santali as minority language
Countries with Santali as minority language are also included in Santali speaking countries.
- Santali is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Santali speaking countries check out Santali speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Santali speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Santali Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Santali language are Santali regulators. Santali is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Santali lie in Santali speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Santali:
- Santali language was an oral language till nineteenth century.
- Before the invention of Santali alphabets, Santali was written with the Bengali or Odia alphabets.
The Santali language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Munda Language.