Irish national language and Irish as a Second Language
Irish speaking countries include both countries with Irish national language and Irish as a second language. Check if Irish language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Irish is national language of Ireland.
Compare Irish speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Irish vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Irish is second language of Ireland.
The Irish countries mentioned under Irish Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Irish language.
Irish as minority language
Countries with Irish as minority language are also included in Irish speaking countries.
- Irish is spoken as minority language in United Kingdom.
Along with Irish speaking countries check out Irish speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Irish speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Irish Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Irish language are Irish regulators. Irish is regulated by Foras na Gaeilge. The regulatory bodies of Irish lie in Irish speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Irish:
- In Irish language, there are no exact words for "yes" or "no".
- There are different set of numbers for counting humans and another set for counting non-humans in Irish Language.
The Irish language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Not Available.