Meithei and Madurese as Minority Language
In Meithei and Madurese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Meithei and Madurese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
- Madurese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Meithei and Madurese dialects, then you can go to Meithei vs Madurese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Meithei and Madurese Regulators
Meithei and Madurese speaking countries provide you Meithei and Madurese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Meithei is not regulated.Madurese is not regulated. Also get to learn, Meithei and Madurese Language History.
Meithei and Madurese Continents
Thinking about Meithei and Madurese continents in which Meithei and Madurese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Meithei and Madurese. Most of the Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. While Madurese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Meithei and Madurese languages:
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
Madurese Interesting Facts:
- There is unique pronunciation system in the Madurese language.
- Madurese was first written using Javanese Alphabets.
The Meithei language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages whereas Meithei language is similar to Malay and Javanese Languages and derived from Not Available.