Sinhalese and Vietnamese as Minority Language
In Sinhalese and Vietnamese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Sinhalese and Vietnamese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Vietnamese as minority language: Czech Republic.
If you want to compare Sinhalese and Vietnamese dialects, then you can go to Sinhalese vs Vietnamese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Sinhalese and Vietnamese Regulators
Sinhalese and Vietnamese speaking countries provide you Sinhalese and Vietnamese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල) regulates Sinhalese language.Vietnamese is not regulated. Also get to learn, Sinhalese and Vietnamese Language History.
Sinhalese and Vietnamese Continents
Thinking about Sinhalese and Vietnamese continents in which Sinhalese and Vietnamese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Sinhalese and Vietnamese. Most of the Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Vietnamese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Sinhalese and Vietnamese languages:
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
Vietnamese Interesting Facts:
- The vocabulary of Vietnamese language is influenced by Chinese Language.
- The only language in East Asia that uses the Latin alphabet is Vietnamese.
The Sinhalese language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Maldivian Language whereas Sinhalese language is similar to Chinese Language and derived from Chinese Language.