Sinhalese and Thai as Minority Language
In Sinhalese and Thai speaking countries you will get the countries which have Sinhalese and Thai as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Thai as minority language: Burma, Cambodia, Laos.
If you want to compare Sinhalese and Thai dialects, then you can go to Sinhalese vs Thai Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Sinhalese and Thai Regulators
Sinhalese and Thai speaking countries provide you Sinhalese and Thai regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල) regulates Sinhalese language.Thai is regulated by Royal Society of Thailand (ราชบัณฑิตยสภา). Also get to learn, Sinhalese and Thai Language History.
Sinhalese and Thai Continents
Thinking about Sinhalese and Thai continents in which Sinhalese and Thai speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Sinhalese and Thai. Most of the Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Thai speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Sinhalese and Thai languages:
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
Thai Interesting Facts:
- Thai is tonal language and also it is very repetitive and exaggerative language.
- You should learn thai language with native speakers and not with books or recorders, since speaking and writing in thai are not the same.
The Sinhalese language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Maldivian Language whereas Sinhalese language is similar to Lao Language and derived from Khmer Language.