Thai national language and Thai as a Second Language
Thai speaking countries include both countries with Thai national language and Thai as a second language. Check if Thai language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Thai is national language of Thailand.
Compare Thai speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Thai vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Thai is not spoken as second language.
The Thai countries mentioned under Thai Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Thai language.
Thai as minority language
Countries with Thai as minority language are also included in Thai speaking countries.
- Thai is spoken as minority language in Burma, Cambodia, Laos.
Along with Thai speaking countries check out Thai speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Thai speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Thai Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Thai language are Thai regulators. Thai is regulated by Royal Society of Thailand (ราชบัณฑิตยสภา). The regulatory bodies of Thai lie in Thai speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Thai:
- Thai is tonal language and also it is very repetitive and exaggerative language.
- You should learn thai language with native speakers and not with books or recorders, since speaking and writing in thai are not the same.
The Thai language is derived from Khmer Language and is closely related to Lao Language.