Punjabi and Hindi as Minority Language
In Punjabi and Hindi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Punjabi and Hindi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Hindi as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Punjabi and Hindi dialects, then you can go to Punjabi vs Hindi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Punjabi and Hindi Regulators
Punjabi and Hindi speaking countries provide you Punjabi and Hindi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Punjabi is not regulated.Hindi is regulated by Central Hindi Directorate. Also get to learn, Punjabi and Hindi Language History.
Punjabi and Hindi Continents
Thinking about Punjabi and Hindi continents in which Punjabi and Hindi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Punjabi and Hindi. Most of the Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Hindi speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Punjabi and Hindi languages:
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
Hindi Interesting Facts:
- In Hindi language, nouns are followed by post positions.
- In Hindi, there are many familiar words in English which are in Hindi or of Hindi origin.
The Punjabi language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi Language whereas Punjabi language is similar to Urdu and derived from Sanskrit Language.