Hindi national language and Hindi as a Second Language
Hindi speaking countries include both countries with Hindi national language and Hindi as a second language. Check if Hindi language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Hindi is national language of India.
Compare Hindi speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Hindi vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Hindi is not spoken as second language.
The Hindi countries mentioned under Hindi Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Hindi language.
Hindi as minority language
Countries with Hindi as minority language are also included in Hindi speaking countries.
- Hindi is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Hindi speaking countries check out Hindi speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Hindi speaking countries mainly lie in Asia, Oceania.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Hindi Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Hindi language are Hindi regulators. Hindi is regulated by Central Hindi Directorate. The regulatory bodies of Hindi lie in Hindi speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Hindi:
- In Hindi language, nouns are followed by post positions.
- In Hindi, there are many familiar words in English which are in Hindi or of Hindi origin.
The Hindi language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Urdu.