Urdu national language and Urdu as a Second Language
Urdu speaking countries include both countries with Urdu national language and Urdu as a second language. Check if Urdu language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Urdu is national language of Pakistan.
Compare Urdu speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Urdu vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Urdu is second language of Pakistan.
The Urdu countries mentioned under Urdu Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Urdu language.
Urdu as minority language
Countries with Urdu as minority language are also included in Urdu speaking countries.
- Urdu is spoken as minority language in India.
Along with Urdu speaking countries check out Urdu speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Urdu speaking countries mainly lie in Asia, Oceania.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Urdu Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Urdu language are Urdu regulators. Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. The regulatory bodies of Urdu lie in Urdu speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Urdu:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Urdu language is derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language and is closely related to Arabic and Hindi Languages.