Punjabi national language and Punjabi as a Second Language
Punjabi speaking countries include both countries with Punjabi national language and Punjabi as a second language. Check if Punjabi language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Punjabi is national language of India, Pakistan.
Compare Punjabi speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Punjabi vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Punjabi is second language of Pakistan.
The Punjabi countries mentioned under Punjabi Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Punjabi language.
Punjabi as minority language
Countries with Punjabi as minority language are also included in Punjabi speaking countries.
- Punjabi is spoken as minority language in Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Along with Punjabi speaking countries check out Punjabi speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Punjabi speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Punjabi Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Punjabi language are Punjabi regulators. Punjabi is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Punjabi lie in Punjabi speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Punjabi:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Punjabi language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Hindi Language.