Norwegian and Lao as Minority Language
In Norwegian and Lao speaking countries you will get the countries which have Norwegian and Lao as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Norwegian as minority language: Nynorsk.
- Lao as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Norwegian and Lao dialects, then you can go to Norwegian vs Lao Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Norwegian and Lao Regulators
Norwegian and Lao speaking countries provide you Norwegian and Lao regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Norwegian Language Council regulates Norwegian language.Lao is not regulated. Also get to learn, Norwegian and Lao Language History.
Norwegian and Lao Continents
Thinking about Norwegian and Lao continents in which Norwegian and Lao speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Norwegian and Lao. Most of the Norwegian speaking countries lie in Europe, South America. While Lao speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Norwegian and Lao languages:
Norwegian Interesting Facts:
- Bergen is one of the Norwegian dialect which has only two genders: common and neuter.
- Since Norwegian language uses pitch accents, it has musical quality and are sometimes employed to distinguish the meanings of homonyms.
Lao Interesting Facts:
- There is no space left between words, only between phrases or sentences in Lao language.
- The Lao alphabets has been reformed many times over the past 50 years.
The Norwegian language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Swedish and Danish Languages whereas Norwegian language is similar to Thai Language and derived from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer Languages.