Lao and Punjabi as Minority Language
In Lao and Punjabi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Lao and Punjabi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Lao as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Lao and Punjabi dialects, then you can go to Lao vs Punjabi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Lao and Punjabi Regulators
Lao and Punjabi speaking countries provide you Lao and Punjabi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Lao is not regulated.Punjabi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Lao and Punjabi Language History.
Lao and Punjabi Continents
Thinking about Lao and Punjabi continents in which Lao and Punjabi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Lao and Punjabi. Most of the Lao speaking countries lie in Asia. While Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Lao and Punjabi languages:
Lao Interesting Facts:
- There is no space left between words, only between phrases or sentences in Lao language.
- The Lao alphabets has been reformed many times over the past 50 years.
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Lao language was derived from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer Languages and is similar to Thai Language whereas Lao language is similar to Hindi Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.