Igbo national language and Igbo as a Second Language
Igbo speaking countries include both countries with Igbo national language and Igbo as a second language. Check if Igbo language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Igbo is national language of Nigeria.
Compare Igbo speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Igbo vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Igbo is not spoken as second language.
The Igbo countries mentioned under Igbo Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Igbo language.
Igbo as minority language
Countries with Igbo as minority language are also included in Igbo speaking countries.
- Igbo is spoken as minority language in Equatorial Guinea.
Along with Igbo speaking countries check out Igbo speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Igbo speaking countries mainly lie in Africa.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Igbo Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Igbo language are Igbo regulators. Igbo is regulated by Society for Promoting Igbo Language and Culture. The regulatory bodies of Igbo lie in Igbo speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Igbo:
- In Igbo, there is complicated system of high and low tones indicating differences in meaning and grammatical relationships.
- Igbo has inexhaustible and rich linguistic features like idioms, proverbs, aphorisms, anecdotes etc.
The Igbo language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Not Available.