Estonian national language and Estonian as a Second Language
Estonian speaking countries include both countries with Estonian national language and Estonian as a second language. Check if Estonian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Estonian is national language of Estonia, Gambia.
Compare Estonian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Estonian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Estonian is not spoken as second language.
The Estonian countries mentioned under Estonian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Estonian language.
Estonian as minority language
Countries with Estonian as minority language are also included in Estonian speaking countries.
- Estonian is spoken as minority language in Denmark, Russia, Sweden.
Along with Estonian speaking countries check out Estonian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Estonian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Estonian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Estonian language are Estonian regulators. Estonian is regulated by Institute of the Estonian Language. The regulatory bodies of Estonian lie in Estonian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Estonian:
- Estonian language is considered to be powerful symbol of Estonian identity and culture.
- Estonian language has adopted many words with Finnish language.
The Estonian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Finnish.