Meithei and Thai as Minority Language
In Meithei and Thai speaking countries you will get the countries which have Meithei and Thai as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
- Thai as minority language: Burma, Cambodia, Laos.
If you want to compare Meithei and Thai dialects, then you can go to Meithei vs Thai Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Meithei and Thai Regulators
Meithei and Thai speaking countries provide you Meithei and Thai regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Meithei is not regulated.Thai is regulated by Royal Society of Thailand (ราชบัณฑิตยสภา). Also get to learn, Meithei and Thai Language History.
Meithei and Thai Continents
Thinking about Meithei and Thai continents in which Meithei and Thai speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Meithei and Thai. Most of the Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. While Thai speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Meithei and Thai languages:
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
Thai Interesting Facts:
- Thai is tonal language and also it is very repetitive and exaggerative language.
- You should learn thai language with native speakers and not with books or recorders, since speaking and writing in thai are not the same.
The Meithei language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages whereas Meithei language is similar to Lao Language and derived from Khmer Language.