Macedonian national language and Macedonian as a Second Language
Macedonian speaking countries include both countries with Macedonian national language and Macedonian as a second language. Check if Macedonian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Macedonian is national language of Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia.
Compare Macedonian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Macedonian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Macedonian is not spoken as second language.
The Macedonian countries mentioned under Macedonian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Macedonian language.
Macedonian as minority language
Countries with Macedonian as minority language are also included in Macedonian speaking countries.
- Macedonian is spoken as minority language in Albania, Romania, Serbia.
Along with Macedonian speaking countries check out Macedonian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Macedonian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Macedonian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Macedonian language are Macedonian regulators. Macedonian is regulated by Macedonian Language Institute "Krste Misirkov". The regulatory bodies of Macedonian lie in Macedonian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Macedonian:
- There are plenty of loan words in Macedonian language from the Serbian, Bulgarian and Russian languages.
- The only Indo-European language that make use of the narrative mood is Macedonian language.
The Macedonian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Bulgarian, Polish, Russian and Serbian Languages.