Maltese national language and Maltese as a Second Language
Maltese speaking countries include both countries with Maltese national language and Maltese as a second language. Check if Maltese language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Maltese is national language of Malta.
Compare Maltese speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Maltese vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Maltese is not spoken as second language.
The Maltese countries mentioned under Maltese Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Maltese language.
Maltese as minority language
Countries with Maltese as minority language are also included in Maltese speaking countries.
- Maltese is spoken as minority language in Australia, Canada, Italy, United States of America.
Along with Maltese speaking countries check out Maltese speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Maltese speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Maltese Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Maltese language are Maltese regulators. Maltese is regulated by National Council for the Maltese Language. The regulatory bodies of Maltese lie in Maltese speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Maltese:
- Maltese language is the only semitic language written in Latin characters.
- Maltese language has borrowed many loan words from English, Italian and French.
The Maltese language is derived from Roman Languages and is closely related to Western Arabic Dialects.