Catalan and Urdu as Minority Language
In Catalan and Urdu speaking countries you will get the countries which have Catalan and Urdu as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
If you want to compare Catalan and Urdu dialects, then you can go to Catalan vs Urdu Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Catalan and Urdu Regulators
Catalan and Urdu speaking countries provide you Catalan and Urdu regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee regulates Catalan language.Urdu is regulated by National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan. Also get to learn, Catalan and Urdu Language History.
Catalan and Urdu Continents
Thinking about Catalan and Urdu continents in which Catalan and Urdu speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Catalan and Urdu. Most of the Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. While Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Catalan and Urdu languages:
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
The Catalan language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language whereas Catalan language is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages and derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language.