Chinese national language and Chinese as a Second Language
Chinese speaking countries include both countries with Chinese national language and Chinese as a second language. Check if Chinese language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Chinese is national language of China, Taiwan.
Compare Chinese speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Chinese vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Chinese is second language of Republic of Brazil.
The Chinese countries mentioned under Chinese Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Chinese language.
Chinese as minority language
Countries with Chinese as minority language are also included in Chinese speaking countries.
- Chinese is spoken as minority language in Indonesia, Malaysia.
Along with Chinese speaking countries check out Chinese speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Chinese speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Chinese Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Chinese language are Chinese regulators. Chinese is regulated by Chinese Language Standardization Council, National Commission on Language and Script Work, Promote Mandarin Council. The regulatory bodies of Chinese lie in Chinese speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Chinese:
- Chinese language is tonal, since meaning of a word changes according to its tone.
- In Chinese language, there is no grammatical distinction between singular or plural, no declination of verbs according to tense, mood and aspect.
The Chinese language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Not Available.