Urdu and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Urdu and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Urdu and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Urdu and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Urdu vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Urdu and Portuguese Regulators
Urdu and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Urdu and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan regulates Urdu language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Urdu and Portuguese Language History.
Urdu and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Urdu and Portuguese continents in which Urdu and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Urdu and Portuguese. Most of the Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Urdu and Portuguese languages:
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Urdu language was derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language and is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages whereas Urdu language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.