Nepali national language and Nepali as a Second Language
Nepali speaking countries include both countries with Nepali national language and Nepali as a second language. Check if Nepali language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Nepali is national language of Nepal.
Compare Nepali speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Nepali vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Nepali is second language of Republic of Brazil.
The Nepali countries mentioned under Nepali Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Nepali language.
Nepali as minority language
Countries with Nepali as minority language are also included in Nepali speaking countries.
- Nepali is spoken as minority language in People's Republic of China.
Along with Nepali speaking countries check out Nepali speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Nepali speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Nepali Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Nepali language are Nepali regulators. Nepali is regulated by Language Academy of Nepal. The regulatory bodies of Nepali lie in Nepali speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Nepali:
- Before the term "Nepali" was coined, historically the language was first called the Khas language, Gorkhali or Gukhali.
- Nepali has borrowed many loanwords from neighboring Tibeto-Burmese languages.
The Nepali language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Hindi.