Ukrainian national language and Ukrainian as a Second Language
Ukrainian speaking countries include both countries with Ukrainian national language and Ukrainian as a second language. Check if Ukrainian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Ukrainian is national language of Ukraine.
Compare Ukrainian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Ukrainian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Ukrainian is not spoken as second language.
The Ukrainian countries mentioned under Ukrainian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Ukrainian language.
Ukrainian as minority language
Countries with Ukrainian as minority language are also included in Ukrainian speaking countries.
- Ukrainian is spoken as minority language in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia.
Along with Ukrainian speaking countries check out Ukrainian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Ukrainian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Ukrainian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Ukrainian language are Ukrainian regulators. Ukrainian is regulated by National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine: Institute for the Ukrainian Language. The regulatory bodies of Ukrainian lie in Ukrainian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Ukrainian:
- Ukrainian Language is second most widespread among the Slavic languages after the Russian Language.
- Ukrainian Language is among the top three most melodious language in the world.
The Ukrainian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Russian and Belarusian Languages.