Cantonese national language and Cantonese as a Second Language
Cantonese speaking countries include both countries with Cantonese national language and Cantonese as a second language. Check if Cantonese language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Cantonese is national language of China, Guangdong.
Compare Cantonese speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Cantonese vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Cantonese is not spoken as second language.
The Cantonese countries mentioned under Cantonese Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Cantonese language.
Cantonese as minority language
Countries with Cantonese as minority language are also included in Cantonese speaking countries.
- Cantonese is spoken as minority language in Hawaii.
Along with Cantonese speaking countries check out Cantonese speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Cantonese speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Cantonese Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Cantonese language are Cantonese regulators. Cantonese is regulated by Civil Service Bureau, Government of Hong Kong, Official Language Division. The regulatory bodies of Cantonese lie in Cantonese speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Cantonese:
- Cantonese have lot of slangs, many of them include words that do not make sense at all and some also have English in them.
- Even though Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects of Chinese, Cantonese has 8 tones instead of Mandarin's 4.
The Cantonese language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Chinese Language.