Slovak and Lithuanian as Minority Language
In Slovak and Lithuanian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Slovak and Lithuanian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Slovak as minority language: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine.
- Lithuanian as minority language: Poland.
If you want to compare Slovak and Lithuanian dialects, then you can go to Slovak vs Lithuanian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Slovak and Lithuanian Regulators
Slovak and Lithuanian speaking countries provide you Slovak and Lithuanian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic regulates Slovak language.Lithuanian is regulated by Commission of the Lithuanian Language. Also get to learn, Slovak and Lithuanian Language History.
Slovak and Lithuanian Continents
Thinking about Slovak and Lithuanian continents in which Slovak and Lithuanian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Slovak and Lithuanian. Most of the Slovak speaking countries lie in Europe. While Lithuanian speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Slovak and Lithuanian languages:
Slovak Interesting Facts:
- Slovak language was written using Glagolitic Alphabets,in 1843.
- Until the end of 18th century, Slovak did not exist as written language.
Lithuanian Interesting Facts:
- Lithuanian has many loanwords that originate from Slavic, Germanic and other Baltic languages.
- "Catheciusmus" is the oldest known book in Lithuanian language in 1547.
The Slovak language was derived from Czech-Slovak Language and is similar to Czech Language whereas Slovak language is similar to Latvian and derived from Not Available.