Lithuanian national language and Lithuanian as a Second Language
Lithuanian speaking countries include both countries with Lithuanian national language and Lithuanian as a second language. Check if Lithuanian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Lithuanian is national language of Lithuania.
Compare Lithuanian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Lithuanian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Lithuanian is not spoken as second language.
The Lithuanian countries mentioned under Lithuanian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Lithuanian language.
Lithuanian as minority language
Countries with Lithuanian as minority language are also included in Lithuanian speaking countries.
- Lithuanian is spoken as minority language in Poland.
Along with Lithuanian speaking countries check out Lithuanian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Lithuanian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Lithuanian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Lithuanian language are Lithuanian regulators. Lithuanian is regulated by Commission of the Lithuanian Language. The regulatory bodies of Lithuanian lie in Lithuanian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Lithuanian:
- Lithuanian has many loanwords that originate from Slavic, Germanic and other Baltic languages.
- "Catheciusmus" is the oldest known book in Lithuanian language in 1547.
The Lithuanian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Latvian.