Sinhalese and Japanese as Minority Language
In Sinhalese and Japanese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Sinhalese and Japanese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Japanese as minority language: Palau.
If you want to compare Sinhalese and Japanese dialects, then you can go to Sinhalese vs Japanese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Sinhalese and Japanese Regulators
Sinhalese and Japanese speaking countries provide you Sinhalese and Japanese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල) regulates Sinhalese language.Japanese is regulated by Agency for Cultural Affairs (文化庁) at the Ministry of Education. Also get to learn, Sinhalese and Japanese Language History.
Sinhalese and Japanese Continents
Thinking about Sinhalese and Japanese continents in which Sinhalese and Japanese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Sinhalese and Japanese. Most of the Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Japanese speaking countries lie in Asia, Pacific. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Sinhalese and Japanese languages:
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
Japanese Interesting Facts:
- In Japanese Language, there are 4 different ways to address people: kun, chan, san and sama.
- There are many words in Japanese language which end with vowel letter, which determines the structure and rhythm of Japanese.
The Sinhalese language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Maldivian Language whereas Sinhalese language is similar to Korean Language and derived from Not Available.