Japanese national language and Japanese as a Second Language
Japanese speaking countries include both countries with Japanese national language and Japanese as a second language. Check if Japanese language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Japanese is national language of Japan.
Compare Japanese speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Japanese vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Japanese is not spoken as second language.
The Japanese countries mentioned under Japanese Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Japanese language.
Japanese as minority language
Countries with Japanese as minority language are also included in Japanese speaking countries.
- Japanese is spoken as minority language in Palau.
Along with Japanese speaking countries check out Japanese speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Japanese speaking countries mainly lie in Asia, Pacific.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Japanese Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Japanese language are Japanese regulators. Japanese is regulated by Agency for Cultural Affairs (文化庁) at the Ministry of Education. The regulatory bodies of Japanese lie in Japanese speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Japanese:
- In Japanese Language, there are 4 different ways to address people: kun, chan, san and sama.
- There are many words in Japanese language which end with vowel letter, which determines the structure and rhythm of Japanese.
The Japanese language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Korean Language.