Oriya national language and Oriya as a Second Language
Oriya speaking countries include both countries with Oriya national language and Oriya as a second language. Check if Oriya language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Oriya is national language of India.
Compare Oriya speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Oriya vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Oriya is not spoken as second language.
The Oriya countries mentioned under Oriya Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Oriya language.
Oriya as minority language
Countries with Oriya as minority language are also included in Oriya speaking countries.
- Oriya is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Oriya speaking countries check out Oriya speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Oriya speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Oriya Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Oriya language are Oriya regulators. Oriya is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Oriya lie in Oriya speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Oriya:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
The Oriya language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Bengali and Assamese.