Meithei and Malagasy as Minority Language
In Meithei and Malagasy speaking countries you will get the countries which have Meithei and Malagasy as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
- Malagasy as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Meithei and Malagasy dialects, then you can go to Meithei vs Malagasy Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Meithei and Malagasy Regulators
Meithei and Malagasy speaking countries provide you Meithei and Malagasy regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Meithei is not regulated.Malagasy is not regulated. Also get to learn, Meithei and Malagasy Language History.
Meithei and Malagasy Continents
Thinking about Meithei and Malagasy continents in which Meithei and Malagasy speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Meithei and Malagasy. Most of the Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. While Malagasy speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Meithei and Malagasy languages:
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
Malagasy Interesting Facts:
- Malagasy language was originated in southeast Asia, since it shares several common words and meanings with Indonesian Languages.
- About 93% of the basic vocabulary is of Malayo-Polynesian origin in Malagasy language.
The Meithei language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages whereas Meithei language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.