Malagasy and Meithei as Minority Language
In Malagasy and Meithei speaking countries you will get the countries which have Malagasy and Meithei as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Malagasy as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
If you want to compare Malagasy and Meithei dialects, then you can go to Malagasy vs Meithei Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Malagasy and Meithei Regulators
Malagasy and Meithei speaking countries provide you Malagasy and Meithei regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Malagasy is not regulated.Meithei is not regulated. Also get to learn, Malagasy and Meithei Language History.
Malagasy and Meithei Continents
Thinking about Malagasy and Meithei continents in which Malagasy and Meithei speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Malagasy and Meithei. Most of the Malagasy speaking countries lie in Africa. While Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Malagasy and Meithei languages:
Malagasy Interesting Facts:
- Malagasy language was originated in southeast Asia, since it shares several common words and meanings with Indonesian Languages.
- About 93% of the basic vocabulary is of Malayo-Polynesian origin in Malagasy language.
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
The Malagasy language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Malagasy language is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages and derived from Not Available.