Malagasy and Lao as Minority Language
In Malagasy and Lao speaking countries you will get the countries which have Malagasy and Lao as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Malagasy as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Lao as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Malagasy and Lao dialects, then you can go to Malagasy vs Lao Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Malagasy and Lao Regulators
Malagasy and Lao speaking countries provide you Malagasy and Lao regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Malagasy is not regulated.Lao is not regulated. Also get to learn, Malagasy and Lao Language History.
Malagasy and Lao Continents
Thinking about Malagasy and Lao continents in which Malagasy and Lao speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Malagasy and Lao. Most of the Malagasy speaking countries lie in Africa. While Lao speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Malagasy and Lao languages:
Malagasy Interesting Facts:
- Malagasy language was originated in southeast Asia, since it shares several common words and meanings with Indonesian Languages.
- About 93% of the basic vocabulary is of Malayo-Polynesian origin in Malagasy language.
Lao Interesting Facts:
- There is no space left between words, only between phrases or sentences in Lao language.
- The Lao alphabets has been reformed many times over the past 50 years.
The Malagasy language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Malagasy language is similar to Thai Language and derived from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer Languages.