Haitian Creole national language and Haitian Creole as a Second Language
Haitian Creole speaking countries include both countries with Haitian Creole national language and Haitian Creole as a second language. Check if Haitian Creole language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Haitian Creole is national language of Haiti.
Compare Haitian Creole speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Haitian Creole vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Haitian Creole is not spoken as second language.
The Haitian Creole countries mentioned under Haitian Creole Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Haitian Creole language.
Haitian Creole as minority language
Countries with Haitian Creole as minority language are also included in Haitian Creole speaking countries.
- Haitian Creole is spoken as minority language in Cuba.
Along with Haitian Creole speaking countries check out Haitian Creole speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Haitian Creole speaking countries mainly lie in Central America, North America.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Haitian Creole Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Haitian Creole language are Haitian Creole regulators. Haitian Creole is regulated by Akademi Kreyòl Ayisyen (Academy of Haitian Creole). The regulatory bodies of Haitian Creole lie in Haitian Creole speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Haitian Creole:
- In the year 1940, the first technical orthography for Haitian Creole was developed.
- In Haiian Creole, the word 'creole' is of Latin origin via a Portuguese term that means, "person raised in one's house".
The Haitian Creole language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to French Language.