Croatian and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In Croatian and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Croatian and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Croatian as minority language: Austria, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro, Romania.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Croatian and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to Croatian vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Croatian and Sinhalese Regulators
Croatian and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you Croatian and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics regulates Croatian language.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, Croatian and Sinhalese Language History.
Croatian and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about Croatian and Sinhalese continents in which Croatian and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Croatian and Sinhalese. Most of the Croatian speaking countries lie in Europe. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Croatian and Sinhalese languages:
Croatian Interesting Facts:
- In croatian language, everywhere there are words without vowels.
- Though croatian language was born in 9th century, the first written document in croatian was in 11th century.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The Croatian language was derived from Church Slavonic and is similar to Serbain and Bosnian whereas Croatian language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.