Amharic national language and Amharic as a Second Language
Amharic speaking countries include both countries with Amharic national language and Amharic as a second language. Check if Amharic language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Amharic is national language of Ethiopia.
Compare Amharic speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Amharic vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Amharic is not spoken as second language.
The Amharic countries mentioned under Amharic Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Amharic language.
Amharic as minority language
Countries with Amharic as minority language are also included in Amharic speaking countries.
- Amharic is not spoken as minority language in any of the countries.
Along with Amharic speaking countries check out Amharic speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Amharic speaking countries mainly lie in Africa.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Amharic Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Amharic language are Amharic regulators. Amharic is not regulated. The regulatory bodies of Amharic lie in Amharic speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Amharic:
- Amharic ranks as second most spoken Semitic language in the world.
- Amharic has its own writing system named “fidel” and it uses Amharic alphabets to write.
The Amharic language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Not Available.